Although unfortunately there is no comprehensive list, it is reasonable to assume that, with an average company size of roughly 60-70 members per year over the course of 50+ years, WST alumni number in the thousands. They have gone on to all sorts of careers, and many have gone on to become theater professionals both on and backstage.
Notable Alumni Include:
- Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, 2016 MacArthur Genius Award recipient, Fullbright Scholar, and Obie award winning playwright who has written works such as Appropriate, An Octoroon, War, and more
- Michael Mayer, Tony-award winning director of Thoroughly Modern Millie, Spring Awakening, and American Idiot, to name a few
- Richard Scanlan, Tony-nominated lyricist of Thoroughly Modern Millie and book author of Everyday Rapture
- Jonathan Hadary, Helen Hayes-award winning actor whose film credits include Intolerable Cruelty and Bait
- Neil McFadden, nine time nominee for the Helen Hayes Award for Outstanding Sound Design, D.C. area sound and lighting designer
- Michael Bobbitt, Artistic Director of Adventure Theatre MTC and award-winning writer, director, and choreographer
- Brad Watkins, Director of Theatre Services at Theatre Washington and former Producing Director of the Olney Theatre Center
- and countless techies, musicians, and actors all over DC, New York, and around the country.
What do you want to see on this page? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with news, suggestions, stories, photos, or anything else. We want to hear from you!
Interested in receiving our monthly newsletter? Go to the Newsletter page to sign up!